Wisdom Through Games
A Weekly Teen Group That Engages The Wisdom of Games
- Games are an engaging way to have fun while talking with other people, learn about yourself and others, build social skills and meet new people.
- Explore identity, aspirations, and personal responsibility.
- Cultivate wisdom and tools to navigate relationships and life transitions.
- Honor non-conformity and build empathy.
- Through games, you can learn to regulate emotions and and cope with frustration, perfectionism, or disappointment.
- Playing games can help you learn how to adapt to changing conditions.
- Whether a game is fast paced or a slow burn, collaborative or competitive, encourages authenticity or bluffing, draws on knowledge or a quick wit, each scenario or set of rules invites different strengths and evokes different skills, offering rehearsal for different ways of interacting.
- This highly experiential group uses thought-provoking themes from gaming.
This group will utilize board games to foster social interaction and build self-esteem.
Each week will be built around a uniquely themed game with pizza and discussion.
Who: Teenagers seeking to have fun with others (and improve social skills)
What: Weekly 2 hour group sessions to include tabletop game play and group dialogue.
When: 5:30pm-7:30pm Fridays
Where: TheraThrive: 986 Moraga Road, Lafayette, CA
Cost: Six action-packed two-hour sessions for $480 (Only $40 per hour)