Drama Therapy for Teens
a weekly teen group that is therapeutically experiential
- drama therapy can help reduce anxiety and depressive symptoms
- drama therapy can help improve social skills and emotional regulation
- drama therapy can help improve ability to cope with frustration, perfectionism, or disappointment
- drama therapy encourages authenticity and finding personal strengths
- drama therapy offers rehearsal for different ways of interacting, a great way to try out new behaviors
- this highly experiential group is thought-provoking, engaging and fun
Drama therapy brings people together through fun, engaging, and embodied activities, which can include role-play games and improvised scenes.
Drama Therapy uses play, roles, story, creativity, metaphor, empathy, and improvisation to help people address social challenges, understand feelings, expand one’s sense of self, and practice life situations.
Drama Therapy is for everyone! You do not have to be “good” at acting to benefit from drama therapy.
This group will utilize drama games, improvisation, and drama therapy to foster social interaction and build self-esteem.
Each week will be built around a uniquely themed experience with discussion.
Who: Teenagers age 12-16 seeking to have fun with others (and improve social skills)
What: Weekly 2 hour group sessions
When: 6pm-8pm Wednesdays (starts Spring 2020)
Where: TheraThrive, 986 Moraga Rd, Lafayette, CA
Details: Group sequence is 6 action-packed 2-hour sessions
Cost: $549 for 12 hours (~$45 per hour!)
Future groups: sequences possible
Prerequisite for new clients: Individual meeting with our awesome therapist, Doug ($92), schedule January-March 2020