TheraThrive SENG Model Parent Groups
TheraThrive’s SENG Model Parent Groups are based on the SENG model, which is the most widely used system for parenting gifted children.
Our groups are both informational and practical, where you will learn specific skills and strategies designed to help with the needs of intense, gifted children.
We offer small groups that are both informational and practical, where you will learn specific skills and strategies designed to help with the needs of intense, gifted children.
Parent discussion group topics include: gifted traits, peer and social needs, depression, communication skills, motivation and academics, perfectionism, positive discipline, stress, only children and siblings, and successful parenting.
About the lead facilitator: Dr. Grace Malonai is an experienced group leader, she teaches coursework on how to lead groups at the graduate level, and she is a certified SENG Model Parent Group facilitator.
- Have you recently discovered that your child is gifted?
- Are you challenged with parenting a very intense child?
- Do you feel isolated, or as if no one would understand?
- Would you like to connect with other parents of gifted children?
When you join a parent group, you can:
- Get support
- Make new friends
- Build community
- Share and discuss the unique challenges faced by parents of gifted, highly sensitive, and exceptional children
SENG Model Parent Group Topics Include
- Characteristics of giftedness
- Depression (including existential depression)
- Communication skills
- Peers and social needs
- Motivation and academics
- Positive discipline
- Only children and siblings
- Values and traditions
- Successful parenting