Role Play Games Groups for Teens
Need for socialization and connection outside of family during COVID-19
Our groups, individual therapy and assessment services are now Online via secure video conference.
Since COVID-19, teens are more often at home, often feeling alone, and probably have a harder time staying connected with their friends. Groups for teens are more important than ever.
Our games groups help teens stay connected with each other and also get support.
COVID-19 impacts teens in many ways, including worries, frustration, mood fluctuations, irritability, outbursts, or a sense of being alone in their experiences. Our games groups for teens work to provide support, help build connections, self-understanding, and self-acceptance, while also providing a sense of community and connection with other teenagers.
Facilitated groups are a great way to support your teen during this difficult time in our world.
Contact us so that we can answer your questions, or schedule a consultation right away. We also offer single-session drop-in appointments if you need temporary support or just want to try counseling for one meeting or only a few.
Weekly Groups That Engage The Fun and Wisdom of Games
- Games are an engaging way to have fun while talking with other people, learn about yourself and others, build social skills and meet new people.
- Explore identity, aspirations, and personal responsibility.
- Cultivate wisdom and tools to navigate relationships and life transitions.
- Honor non-conformity and build empathy.
- Through games, you can learn to regulate emotions and and cope with frustration, perfectionism, or disappointment.
- Playing games can help you learn how to adapt to changing conditions.
- Whether a game is fast paced or a slow burn, collaborative or competitive, encourages authenticity or bluffing, draws on knowledge or a quick wit, each scenario or set of rules invites different strengths and evokes different skills, offering rehearsal for different ways of interacting.
- This highly experiential group uses thought-provoking themes from gaming.
Our online games groups are held via secure video conferencing, and utilizes online board games to foster social interaction and to build self-esteem.
Each week will be built around a uniquely theme from the game and an interesting discussion.
Who: Teenagers seeking to have fun with others (and improve social skills)
What: Weekly 2 hour group sessions to include game play and group dialogue
When: 5-7pm, Fridays
Where: Online, via live secure video conference (HIPAA compliant).
Cost: This professionally facilitated group sequence is for 6 action-packed 2-hour sessions for $570, which is only $47.50 per hour! (much less than individual therapy)
Equipment: Digital device with mic, speakers/headset, high speed internet, and possibly a membership with Board Game Arena (free or Pro version).
Future: Group sequences possible
New Client Prerequisite for New Clients: 20 minute Individual Assessment meeting with Doug (current clients, please mention your interest to your therapist)