Role Play Games Groups for Kids & Tweens
Groups for Kids and Tweens: Need for socialization and connection outside of family during COVID-19
Our groups, individual therapy and assessment services are now Online via secure video conference.
Since COVID-19, kids and tweens are at home with their families, often feeling isolated, and probably have a harder time staying connected with their friends. Groups for kids and tweens are more important than ever.
Our games groups help kids and tweens stay connected with each other and also get support.
COVID-19 impacts kids and tweens in many ways, including worries, frustration, mood fluctuations, irritability, outbursts, or a sense of being alone in their experiences. Our games groups for kids and tweens work to provide support, help build connections, self-understanding, and self-acceptance, while also providing a sense of community and connection with other kids.
Facilitated groups are a great way to support your children during this difficult time in our world.
Contact us so that we can answer your questions, or schedule a consultation right away. We also offer single-session drop-in appointments if you need temporary support or just want to try counseling for one meeting or only a few.
Weekly Groups That Engage The Fun and Wisdom of Games
- Games are an engaging way to have fun while talking with other kids, learn about yourself and others and build social skills.
- Explore aspirations and personal responsibility.
- Cultivate wisdom and tools to navigate friendships, family relationships, and life transitions.
- Honor non-conformity and build empathy.
- Through games, you can learn to regulate emotions and and cope with frustration, perfectionism, or disappointment.
- Playing games can help you learn how to adapt to changing conditions.
- Practice utilizing various strengths and rehearse different ways of interacting.
- This highly experiential group uses thought-provoking themes from gaming.
Our online games groups are held via secure video conferencing, and utilizes online board games to foster social interaction and to build self-esteem.
Each week will be built around a uniquely themed game and an interesting discussion.
Who: Kids and tweens seeking to have fun with others and improve social skills
What: Weekly 2 hour group sessions to include game play and group dialogue
When: 5-7pm, Mondays
Where: Online, via live secure video conference (HIPAA compliant).
Cost: This professionally facilitated group sequence is for 6 action-packed 2-hour sessions for $588, which is $49 per hour (much less than individual therapy)
Equipment: Digital device with mic, speakers/headset, high speed internet, and possible membership with Board Game Arena (free or Pro version).
Future: Group sequences possible
New Client Prerequisite for New Clients: 20 minute Individual Assessment meeting with Doug (current clients, please mention your interest to your therapist)