Online Counseling and Consultation
Online counseling, also called distance therapy or e-therapy, is a way to offer counseling, psychotherapy and consultation services over the internet. A unique benefit to online counseling and consultation is that you receive therapeutic support from the comfort of your home or office.
Dr. Grace Malonai is a certified Distance Credentialed Counselor (DCC), which is a nationally recognized certification for professionals with specific training in distance counseling.
An in-office, in-person encounter is usually a preferred mode of conducting therapy, however online services are offered for those who specifically seek support in our specialization areas of giftedness and high sensitivity, but are unable to access our office in Walnut Creek, California. Online counseling and consultation can also supplement in-office, in-person consultation for individuals, parents and families who are unable to commute to my Walnut Creek office on a regular basis, but desire ongoing support.
Secure and Private
We offer live, secure (confidential and private) online video counseling, online voice conferencing and telephone consultation. Partners or family members who are not in the same location can join sessions via group online video conferencing or conference calls.
Equipment Needed For Online Counseling or Consultation
- A computer in a private area (for your own privacy at your home)
- High Speed Internet (DSL, at least 5 Mbps)
- Microphone (attached or connected to your electronic device, laptop or computer)
- Webcam (a video camera attached or connected to your electronic device, laptop or computer monitor)
e-Therapy Is For California Residents
We are licensed in the state of California, so our online counseling and consultation services are offered to California residents only. If you are under 18, we must receive a hard-copy notarized parental treatment consent prior to starting services.
If you live outside of California
Some states will allow licensed therapists to receive a temporary license for their residents for e-therapy (via telephone, online video conferencing, and some other forms of electronic communications). At TheraThrive, we are not set up to investigate provisions for temporary licenses in other states. However, if you know the laws in your own state, and you believe that your state will allow for a temporary license for a California licensed therapist to practice counseling in your state, then please contact us; We would be happy to explore that option with you.
- Call 925-954-6229 or complete the Contact Form to get started and to schedule an initial consultation or first appointment
- Prior to our first online meeting, you will need to send us your completed forms and payment. Download, read and complete the required forms here: Forms and Policies
- Fax your completed forms to us at 925-269-8052, or or mail them to us at 2940 Camino Diablo, Suite 150, Walnut Creek CA 94597
- If we will not meet in-person for our first meeting, also send us a copy of your photo ID
- At appointment time, enter our Virtual Waiting Room
- Initial 20 minute phone consultation: free of charge
- 50 minute session: $125 or $229
- 100 minute session: $245 or $449
What Is Appropriate For Online Counseling
Online counseling and consultation can be used for any content, however e-therapy is not appropriate for people who are suicidal or suffering from a psychotic disorder.
Also, to maintain your confidentiality, it is important that you conduct your online therapy sessions in a private area.