What To Expect
How to Begin
- You initiate the process by giving us a call or by emailing us using the contact form.
- We will likely talk on the phone for about 10-20 minutes so that we can connect and learn about your needs, and also so that we can describe the services we provide, how we provide those services, our strengths, our specializations and our expertise.
- We will also do our best to answer any questions you may have.
- You choose a time and date for our first meeting together.
- You will receive a Welcome Email that invites you to login to our secure client portal.
- We meet!
A Good Fit
It generally takes between one and three sessions for initial assessment and for us to determine if we are a good fit.
What To Expect During The First Session
- We complete the paperwork, and necessary documents are signed
- Confidentiality is discussed
- You share your story and background information
- We begin to discuss goals
- If we are working with a child, we might start with assessment, play or art therapy, depending upon the individual situation
The Second Session
- We continue to hear your story
- We learn more about your history
- We discuss goals
- We get to know you better and discover more about you, and your particular strengths and challenges
- You will likely share more about any problems or what you want changed or improved
- If we are working with a child, we might begin the process of play and/or art therapy
Future Sessions: A Solid Plan
- By the third or fourth session, a treatment plan is usually developed. A treatment plan delineates therapy goals, and specifies how we will recognize when those goals are reached.
- After the initial paperwork is taken care of, assessment and history are complete, and therapy goals and plan are established, therapy will commence. We will review our goals, game plan and progress at regular intervals. You can always add, remove or change your goals.
- Our goal is for you to meet your goals and complete your counseling. We want you to thrive.