About Us: Our Services and Office
At TheraThrive, we have a full range of services to support the particular needs of our clients. The links on the left will bring you to more information about each service. Keep reading to learn more about our practice and to see pictures of our office.
If you have any questions, please let us know–we’d love to connect.
We offer a free phone consultation to new clients. Call today to set up an appointment.
You Are In Good Hands
In an atmosphere of safety, compassion and support, we provide in-office, in-person support services, through counseling, assessment and psychotherapy to parents, children, adolescents, adults, couples, families and groups.
We serve our clients at our office in Walnut Creek, and we also offer consultation by phone and video-conferencing to teens, adults and parents on a case-by-case basis.
- Gain insight about themselves, their relationships and connections with others
- Learn and practice listening and communication skills
- Use mindful awareness and relaxation techniques
- Learn to understand their emotions—including their function and how to better manage emotions
- Learn to understand and manage their intensities (and to have greater awareness of their reactivity)
- Learn to set appropriate boundaries, and to recognize and ask for what they need to grow inter-personally
Online counseling, also called e-Therapy or distance therapy, is a way to offer counseling, psychotherapy and consultation services over the internet. Dr. Grace offers online services for clients who specifically need support in our area of specialization (giftedness and high sensitivity), yet are unable to access our offices in Walnut Creek, CA. Online counseling and consultation are also utilized as supplemental to face-to-face consultations for those who are unable to commute to our Walnut Creek office on a regular basis, but desire ongoing support.
We treat a full range of personal challenges and mental health issues, including:
- High sensitivity
- Gifted and asynchronous development
- Anxiety and worry
- Stress management
- Depression, including existential depression
- School and academic related issues
- Behavioral problems
- High functioning Autism (and Asperger’s)
- Grief and loss
- Relationship challenges
- LGBTQ and gender concerns
- Multi-cultural issues
- Trauma recovery
- Addictions and/or substance abuse
- Eating disorders
- Work and career related issues