At TheraThrive, we have a full range of services to support the particular needs of our clients. We offer counseling (psychotherapy/therapy), consultation, as well as comprehensive assessment and evaluation services. The buttons below will bring you to more information about each service. Keep reading to learn more about our practice, or click here to learn about our professionals, or click here to see pictures of our offices.
If you have any questions, please let us know—we’d love to connect.
We offer a free phone consultation to new clients. Call today to set up an appointment.
You Are In Good Hands
In an atmosphere of safety, compassion and support, we provide in-office, in-person support services, through counseling, assessment and psychotherapy to parents, children, adolescents, adults, couples, families and groups.
We are a group of Licensed Professional Counselors (LPCC), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFT), Licensed Psychologists (Ph.D. or Psy.D.), and we sometimes also have Registered Associates or Registered Psychology Interns (Associate LPCC, Associate LMFT, or Psychological Assistant). You can verify our licence information at the Department of Human Affairs License Search website (enter either Board of Behavioral Sciences or Board of Psychology, depending upon the license).
We serve our clients local to the San Francisco Bay Area at our offices in Lafayette and San Rafael, and we also offer telemental health (consultation by phone and online therapy via video-conferencing) to teens, adults and parents in California on a case-by-case basis.
- Gain insight about themselves, their relationships and connections with others
- Learn and practice listening and communication skills
- Use mindful awareness and relaxation techniques
- Learn to understand their emotions—including their function and how to better manage emotions
- Learn to understand and manage their intensities (and to have greater awareness of their reactivity)
- Learn to set appropriate boundaries, and to recognize and ask for what they need to grow inter-personally
We treat a full range of personal challenges and mental health issues, including those related to:
- High sensitivity
- Gifted and asynchronous development
- Anxiety and worry
- Stress management
- Depression, including existential depression
- School and academic related issues
- Behavioral problems
- Grief and loss
- Relationship challenges
- LGBTQ and gender concerns
- Multi-cultural issues
- Trauma recovery
- Addictions and/or substance abuse
- Eating disorders
- Work and career related issues
We also help couples, parents and families
- Parenting concerns
- Couples counseling
- Premarital counseling
- Anger and fighting
- Communication skills
- Building intimacy
- Behavior problems
- Family of origin issues
- Blended families
- Family issues based on stages-of-life changes and loss
- and much more!