In light of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), we are exclusively offering telemental health online video sessions in order to best support our community through this time. We offer personalized care via secure virtual online therapy. With online services we help you (or your child or teen) to feel and function better, just as we would help if you were to meet with us at the office.
We offer ongoing therapy for adults, kids, and teens and also single session appointments, which are sort of like drop-in appointments, for those who only want to meet just one to three times. It’s easy to schedule.
- If you are a first responder, nurse, doctor, police firefighter, or anyone else on the front line to fight COVID-19, please join our FREE online First Responders support group that meets Tuesdays at noon (Pacific time).
- We are now able to offer some assessment services via video conferencing, and many more of our assessment services will likely become available via video conference fairly soon.
- In addition, it’s important to maintain social connections during while we are socially isolating in order to flatten the curve of COVID-19’s impact. Our action oriented online groups for kids and teens work great.
- Are you a parent who is working from home and also trying to educate your child(ren)? We understand that it isn’t easy to manage work, the intensity of emotions and also homeschool. We have years of homeschooling and education experience and provide individualized academic and homeschooling support via video conferencing.
- Parents, consider our weekly 90 minute Homeschooling Parent support group for parents who may have been suddenly thrown into home education. It’s a way to get help from an experienced professional and also build community. You can come every week or just as needed (we welcome single session drop-ins).
We Specialize in Gifted & Highly Sensitive
With the right support, you can…
• Gain Insight and Understanding
• Learn Emotional Regulation
• Improve Your Relationships
• Alleviate Stress and Anxiety
Live Your Life and Thrive in it!
At TheraThrive, you are our VIP
We specialize in giftedness, high sensitivity, intensity, and developmental concerns such as Autism Spectrum Disorder, and we are also experienced in assessing and treating anxiety, depression, and just about everything else.
We work with people who are dealing with a variety of challenges, such as depression, anxiety, sleep problems, emotional reactivity, transition concerns, problematic behaviors, addiction, need for self-understanding, parenting stress, anger issues, overwhelm, work stress, relationship concerns, and more.
There is no time like now to thrive.
Katie Malone, LPCC, LMFT
Arwin Cotas-Girard, Psy.D.
Doug Ronning, LMFT
Grace Malonai, PhD, LPCC
Bri Tarpey, LMFT, PPS, APCC
Office Care and Outreach
We provide specialized support.
Therapy is a path to healing, and a path that promotes mental health fitness. It can be holistic, and often the healing occurs deep within. As you grow in personal insight, aspects of who you are become clearer and easier to understand. Therapy is a discovery process of finding the meaning you have been looking for. It is about personal growth and opening in awareness. For children, therapy can be a time to be fully heard and accepted, a time and place to play, create, and heal, a space to process memories, thoughts and feelings, and to learn new skills. At TheraThrive, we offer counseling, consultation and assessment for gifted & highly sensitive people of all ages.
We look forward to connecting with you!
TheraThrive has locations in San Francisco Bay Area. Our East Bay Area office is in Lafayette, California, near Walnut Creek, Orinda, Danville and Berkeley. Our Marin Office (North Bay Area) is in San Rafael, California, near Mill Valley, San Francisco, Greenbrae and Novato. We also offer secure video counseling and consultation services to some California residents who are not able to travel to our office.
Visit Our Blog at TheraThrive
Dear Valued TheraThrive Client, You are our VIP. We care about you, and your well-being is very important to us. To ensure your health and safety, and to support our community in social distancing, we are moving our client sessions online, at least for the next two...
What really is self-care? (hint: Engaging in Kindness) In our world we are often told that what we do is never enough, and that we must rush, rush, rush onto the next goal, task, or obligation. Whether it is coming home after a long day at...
Struggling to be Perfect Do you remember a time when you felt diminished, unworthy, or imperfect? Lately I have noticed the amount of pressure we place upon ourselves to be more or better, often deriving from the feeling of never being enough. Our society demands so...